PORTRAITS OF PEOPLE . . . PETS & PLACES
Below is the final portrait of Abi, a miniature schnauzer, the pose of which was taken from one photo but the colouring and texture was referenced from additional photos. It was completed on mdf gesso primed board with the use of texture paste and impasto acrylics to create a textured effect.
If you are unsure whether your photos are of adequate quality or have any other queries...
Contact Kate via email or call
01243 276567 or 0777 3499664
1. Choose a photograph of the person, pet or place as you would like it drawn (supply
more if you would like a combination). It is also helpful to send a few extra pictures
of the subject, particularly close-
2. Choose a size. Bear in mind that the size you choose does not include a frame
and the more subjects you choose, the smaller they will be drawn in order to fit
them onto the paper. Unusually shaped canvases, box canvases and oversize portraits
or paintings are all possible -
3. Choose a medium. Kate works in colour pastels and acrylic paints but also uses watercolours, charcoal, graphite pencil, collage and other mediums.
4. Choose your preferred background. This can be a specific colour to match a room’s decor or a more detailed setting like an outdoor scene or favourite chair. Detailed backgrounds may incur a small additional fee of up to 20%. For pastel portraits you have a choice of paper colours which Kate can advise you on.
5. Email or post Kate your preferences plus a non-
6. Choose a frame. Kate will advise you on how to frame the work and can arrange
a complete framing service if preferred. She uses a local framer who offers an extensive
selection of mounts and frames for reasonable prices. Tailor-
7. When your artwork is in progress photos will be posted on the blog to view. At the end of this process you can make final changes if necessary. If you are not satisfied with the final product there is no obligation to buy. Hopefully you will be very happy, in which case please pay the final balance plus postage and packaging. On clearance of the payment your finished piece of art will be posted to you and all original photographs returned. Alternatively, if you live in the south of England and would like to pick up from Kate, arrangements can be made.
This is a portrait of a well-